Tuesday 8 January 2013

Entertainment

Entertainment

The use of internet these days have a variety of options. The users are spending hours in from of their PC. But what are they doing? Something has to keep them entertained if everything would be dull and wouldn’t meet someone’s interest people would prefer to watch television instead.

Different age groups are interested in different genera of websites but there is few very popular websites which has been used not only by kids or adults but by both of the age groups. For example if we thing of an online games we attend to think of kids in age between 5-12 years old, that’s a stereotype much. 2012 Know most of the people have the access to internet and they know have to use a computer. Teenagers are also playing computer games sometimes it is because they are bored and sometimes it is because they have an exam coming up. A lot of education websites are having an access to some sort of games, where a student is learning through being active and playing a game. Not many teenagers are spending their time in front of a book doing notes for their exam. They definitely prefer to be entertained by computer. When I was doing my GCSE I spent a lot of time reading the stuff I should know for my exam I really spent ages on it, then I decided to go online and see what other really good ways of revising are. I found out that BBC Beside is provided with the information I need. From then on I was using the website and I found it really useful.
I also told my brother about it and he found it fun and convenient as well. Because the reader is not doing everything again and again the website keeps you entertain by all the different actions the player has to do, also by the sound, videos and pictures.
Apart from children and teenagers adults are using online games as well. I would like to tell you an example how I discovered people over 40 are using online games. When I was doing my work experience and my job was to take care of older people or people with some kind of disorders with their ICT skills. I met this man called John he had problem with his hand by paying online games he had to make sure his hand is always in some sort of action. His hand was really shaky and dis-coordinate. While playing these games he had a control on his hand, a part from John I met other people who were playing ‘Puzzle’ game just to kill their time.

‘YouTube’ is another website which entertain a lot of teenagers but not only. Anyone can set up an account, when the account is set up you can post as much videos as you want. Warning this website is so addictive. People are spending hours on posting and editing videos. If you’re a use you’ll get addicted as well you won’t even notice how much time you will spend on watching videos or listening to music. YouTube is a sharing video website it amazing how a certain videos can get very popular fairly easy. I’m a user of a ‘YouTube myself and I love spending time looking through news and listening to music but once I’m on it there’s always more I would like to see.
On YouTube you can find any sort of music, there is a lot of different channels beauty channel game channel and so on... to keep people interested they advertise each channel so everyone can find something for themselves.

MSN entertainment is provided with news. People love to know what is going on in other people lives. Therefore we have websites like MSN and many others. If someone is really in to celebrity, TV, movies, music MSN is a type of a website they would go for. The website is categorically an entertainment full of videos and stories about celebrities. MSN is an electronic magazine really successful, now when people are spending so much time on a computer they are
too indolent to read print magazines, they prefer to watch if instead. Sometimes when I have a bit of free time I am looking through some e-magazines, I like to know what is going on around me, but for example my mama is not really into this sort of stuff she prefers to simply read newspaper /magazine and have the satisfaction of it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment